sábado, 19 de marzo de 2011

Lesson 41 The Verbs "TO SAY - TO TELL"


Saturday, March 12th of 2011

  1. El verbo “TO SAY” se usa al citar palabras textuales y cuando no hay objeto indirect.

Example:

Jesus Said: “Love one another”

The teacher says: “We will finish the course soon”

He said that he doesn’t want to see you again

  1. Cuando en la frase hay objeto indirecto, se usa el verbo to Tell.

Example:

I want you to tell me how to forget it

Digame como puedo olvidarlo!

He told me to wait for him to night

El me dijo que lo esperaba esta noche

She tells him that she loves him

Ella le dice que ella lo ama

  1. Es posible utilizar el verbo “TO SAY” cuando en la frase hay objeto indirecto; pero en este caso es absolutamente necesario colocar la preposición “TO” después de “SAY”

Example:

She said to me that she was married

Ella me dijo que ella estaba casada

Karen said to Michael that she didn’t want o go

Karen le dijo a Michael que ella no quería ir.

  1. Las siguientes expresiones idiomáticas deben construirse únicamente con el verbo “TO TELL”:

EXPRESIÓN

TRADUCCIÓN

1.TO TELL A STORY

Example:

He Used To Tell me a different story every night

Contar una historia

2. TO TELL LIES:

Example:

He was happy telling lies all the time

Decir Mentiras

3. TO TELL THE TRUTH:

Example:

SHe never tells the truth

Decir la verdad

4. TO TELL A JOKE:

Example:

He is used to telling jokes in class

Contar un chiste

5. TO TELL THE TIME:

Example:

Can you tell me the time?

Decir la hora

6. TO TELL THE FORTUNE:

Example:

She enjoyed telling the fortune to my cousins

Adivinar la suerte

7. TO TELL:

Example:

I can tell that this shirt is maid out of cotton

Distinguir

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario